10/13/08

Reasons?

Mick looks back up to Rosetta, his face reddening a little. He didn't like it that he couldn't just bounce back as easily as he used to...and it had been a rotten enough day the way it was. But he knew she was right...he knew he needed to go see Angel. He didn't feel right, no matter how he tried to make it seem he was okay.

"Alright." Mick's tone implied he wasn't happy, but he knew better than to keep arguing. Once Rosetta had her mind set, it was hard to change it, and right now he didn't have the energy for a fight. "I'll walk over there myself. Just let me get my shoes on and at least say hi to BJ."

Still fighting a cough, Mick slips his boots back on and wanders down the hall to the living room a bit gingerly, doing his best to act as though everything was fine. Finding BJ back in the living room, he ruffles the boy's hair. "Hey, Bud. Keep Mom company for a just a while longer, alright? And when I come back, we'll all play that game you've been wanting to, okay?"

He gives the boy a hug, then makes his way to the door again. Back outside, the chilly air just makes him cough all the more, and the pain increases along with his own worry. Getting to Angel's he knocks and leans on the doorframe, too weary to stand.


Carson pauses his eating and shakes his head. "You know good and well you wouldn't be imposing. You never impose." He tosses Jess a wink.

At her question, he takes almost too long to respond. "I go jogging...what can I say? I run into things that keep me, then I wind up late. I gotta be careful though, I think I'm starting to tick off Herb." He gives a little sigh, thinking for a couple moments as if contemplating something.

"Heard of anyone around here needing part-time work? If I'm ever gonna get anywhere, I'm going to need some extra cash."

No comments: