10/13/08

Nothing

Carson thinks for a moment. What he really would like is a cold beer. "Um....just get me water, thanks."

Sitting down at the table, his mind seems to wander for several minutes before getting it back on track and eating with Jess. "I gotta work 'til closing tonight. Got a late start this morning so I need to make it up. Dani wants me to go see a movie with her afterward...you're invited to join us if you want. I don't know what we're going to see."


Mick looks up as Rosetta enters the room, in too much pain to hide it entirely. His eyes drift down, one hand on his ribcage. "I'm okay...I just need to shake it off." He gives her a little nudge with his elbow, forcing a small grin. "I've had worse. Cyclone just had to have his last say."

He starts to chuckle, but winds up coughing instead. This time though, he can't deny he's hurt, when he withdraws his hand from his mouth, showing blood. He can only give his wife a sidelong glance, knowing good and well what she'll say, and also knowing that he didn't want to comply. "It's nothing."

No comments: