9/26/08

Not yes, not no

Jason keeps one eyebrow raised as Misty starts to talk, and cocks his head slightly, not really appreciating her pointed words. He could feel the heat rising to his face, and without anywhere for his rising emotions to go, it was a more intense inner battle than he liked. If it wasn't for the fact that he and Misty had a good enough relationship to tell each other anything, he would be tempted to tell her to take a hike, or walk out himself. Without a break though, he just sits and receives her words and observations.

Jason almost feels like he's getting a tongue lashing, and his jaw tightens, finally dropping his gaze.

It's a long moment before he can respond to her, and when he does, he looks back up, staring her in the eye. "I respect and enjoy Katie's friendship. I like what she and I have. We're close. But that's as far as it goes. I'm not ready for anything else. I'm not ready to crash and burn a third time. If Katie can't understand that, then I don't know what else I can do. Love?" He shrugs. "It's irrelevant."

No comments: