7/12/08

Saved

Scott chuckles, and doesn’t care a bit about their public display of affection.

Reese’s eyebrows shoot up before a smile makes it’s way to his face. “Well, congratulations!” He steps forward to shake Scott’s hand, and give Katie’s cheek a fatherly tweak. “Seeing the position you’re in, I take it you said yes.”

For just a moment, Reese is taken back to a time years before as he stared into the deepest eyes he’d ever seen. He’d shook in his boots asking for her hand in marriage, but when she’d said yes, he’d felt as though he could fly.

He looks back to Scott. “I also take it that this means you’re sticking around.”

“Well…” Scott gives Katie a squeeze. “I don’t think I better leave, do you?”

Reese grins. “I have to admit, I’m glad of your choice. I got to thinking…there’s that office down the hall there, that we’ve been using as storage for years now and…it’s got great possibilities for a head tech guy’s office…” He lets his phrase fade away, letting the implication hang in the air. “As far as I’m concerned, you two have the day off.” He waves them away as he leaves the cubicle, getting back to his business-like stance. “But I expect you in tomorrow!”

Scott can’t help but give Katie another kiss, Never had he felt so happy.

A sharp bark comes from down on the floor where Domino is wiggling all over, her ears laid back as she begs for attention. Before Scott can object, she takes a flying leap into Katie’s lap so she’s snuggled right with them, licking Katie’s hand.

Scott laughs. “Well…I guess she approves.” Pausing a moment, he looks back at Katie. “I, um…had a little money saved up for this trip, but seeing as though I’m not going…” He glances down and picks up Katie’s left hand. “I think I have a pretty good idea what it’s going towards now.”

No comments: