7/12/08

All I have

At Katie’s words of acceptance, Scott’s smile spreads across his face. It takes him a moment to let it register before he grabs her in a tight hug again. Standing up, he spins her around, his laughter making others’ heads turn.

Setting Katie back down, he takes her face in her hands and kisses her again, drawing back, his eyes sparkling. “I don’t have an awful lot to give,” he apologizes quietly. He quirks a grin. “Especially now that I left that job in Arizona.”

Searching her eyes, he continues. “But I’ll give you all I have.”

"Scott?!" Reese skids to a stop in front of Katie's cubicle. "What on earth are you doing here? Shouldn't you be halfway to Arizona by now?"

Scott can't help it that he's beaming, and he shifts to the side to put his arm around Katie. He starts to answer him, but then stops, looking at Katie, not knowing if she wanted this to be public yet or not.

No comments: