7/13/08

Moving

Jason pauses his route to his office as Katie approaches, At her question, he shrugs. “I’m alright…I’m here…I should be grateful for that, right?”

His gaze falls for a moment before looking back up at her. “I guess I’m fine. And you?”


Morgan grins. “I thought you were never gonna say we were going. I’m ready as I’ll ever be. You know my number. Where do we meet, and what time?”


Reese wanders from the empty office back out onto the main floor, heading for his own office. He had so many things to do today that he really shouldn’t be taking his time like he was. But for some reason, today he just couldn’t concentrate.


Bret has a pretzel halfway to his mouth when the quarter lands on the counter in front of him. Startled, he looks at it for a moment, confused, but as the voice comes from behind, a warm feeling rushes over him.

He grits his teeth, trying not to smile yet, and casually picks up the coin. “Mm, heads, huh? Rats. If it were tails, I mighta kissed the next woman who sat down next to me.”


Cindy pauses in her work of getting lunch, letting the kiss with Wes linger. She leans back against him, her face glowing. “I think I’m the lucky one.”

She suddenly jumps a little bit, then laughs. Reaching down, she moves Wes’ hand along her belly to the other side where movement can be felt. “I think this baby has your energy.”

No comments: