7/11/08

Don't tell

Dani tries to show her gratefulness with a smile towards Angelica. She walks through the apartment with her, not minding the mess at all, simply trying to fit in or at least act at ease, despite the odd circumstances.

At Angelica’s offer to go out with her, Dani hesitates. “Um…I…” She swallows hard. “Carson didn’t….exactly…tell you why I needed a place to stay, did he?”

Dani lowers her eyes, and leans against the wall, her face reddening slightly. “I don’t like secrets…Carson hasn’t told me much either, just that you were a friend I could trust.” She looks back up at Angelica. “Someone may be trying to kill me, and my brother is trying to stop it from happening. Unfortunately….” She hesitates again. “He’s also running from the law a the moment.”


When Jason sees the orange, he can’t help a grin. “How did I ever survive without a personal hero?” He reaches over and picks up the fruit, but trying to dig a thumbnail into the rind proves he simply doesn’t have any strength yet after coming out of surgery.

Glancing to Katie, he hands it back to her. “I’ll let you stay…if you help me out here and not tell anybody about it.”

No comments: