6/16/08

Offered

Jason feels badly for Misty, and knows she’s upset with him now, but just having Frankie leave was a relief as his blood begins to simmer down.

Receiving Katie’s question, he stares her in the eye for a moment, not holding his emotions back from her. There was anger against Frankie, there was frustration for injustice, there was fear from seeing someone hurt. He hadn’t acted on a whim just now – his actions had been justified whether anyone saw it or not.

Finally giving in, Jason shakes his head. He looks past Katie to Misty. “With all due respect, Misty, I’m sorry, but your brother was caught in some regrettable actions against Aerith. If Wyatt and I hadn’t come along the other day…” Jason stops, shifting his eyes towards Aerith, trying to respect her as well. “Let’s just say that I’m glad Wyatt and I were there.”

Wyatt looks between Aerith and Misty, now realizing that they must have known each other…Misty was the sister Aerith had mentioned. This was awkward, to say the least. “I’m sorry, Misty.”

Camryn is totally confused by all of this, and beginning to feel that it was her time to exit. Standing up, she comes up to Jason, speaking quietly. “Maybe I should leave now…I think you’ve got more important things to worry about.”

Not even thinking, Jason puts a hand to her arm. “No…stay…I offered you dinner and I’m not backing out….” He looks back to the others and Misty, then to Camryn again. “…whether it’s here or somewhere else.”

No comments: