5/21/08

Resident

Scott smirks. "Not a nerd huh - now that's a funny statement. Stick around a little longer and pretty soon you'll have the opinion everybody else does, mark my words."

He tilts his head to the side so he can see Katie's face as she grows more solemn. He frowns, as his high nosedives before swinging back up again. "Maybe you look hot, but you're not feeling it, are you... I bet you're thinking about Jason again." He nods. "Yeah...I don't blame you. What kind of a chance does a guy like me stand against someone like him - he's the popular kind...nobody can not notice him, even I know that."

Scott moves his head to look back up at the ceiling, seemingly unhappy. "'Course it doesn't help that I'm scared to death of him now. He ever hurt you though, I'd take a beating all over again if it'd get him off your back."

Snapping back, his lips form a smile. "Can you see the look on Rick's face if he had to patch me up a third time?!" A silly laugh escapes. "Just call me the indefinite infirmary resident. Got a computer problem, just wheel 'er on in here and I'll work from bed!"


By now, Jason is paying little attention to what Nate is saying, concentrating just on trying to stay on top of his own thoughts. He nods absentmindedly. "Yeah...whatever. I don't know what else we could do."

He furrows his brow. "Something keeps nagging at my gut though...something about Carson and I don't know why." He shrugs, twirling his empty glass between his hands.


Luke pauses his trek as Angel comes up to him, and musters up a smile. "I just thought I should show my face around here today... looking for something productive to do, though I doubt I could do much to help anybody today." He glances back to the mess hall. "Saw we had a visitor so I didn't want to interrupt. Who's here?"


Trent shakes his head at Wes. "As far as I know, I've been one step ahead of the Agency through that friend of mine helping me out. I'm almost positive that they don't know I'm here... and I wasn't headed here until after I heard about Mick, so there can't be a connection there."

He pauses in thought. "My friend did tell me though, that there was something the Agency wanted from someplace else... I don't know what, but for some reason it made me think they were going to use Mick as a bargaining chip for something...it's total speculation though."

No comments: