4/19/08

Warned you

Laura rolls her eyes. "I warned you about flirting, Mr. Driers. Don't flatter yourself - you were second choice. Wyatt couldn't do it." She throws Nate a look that some might think was amusement, while others might interpret as annoyance, and she turns to leave. "See you later."


Carson searches Misty's eyes, not allowing his underlying smile to come to the surface. "Mm, most people stop doing things that they know are unhealthy for them."

He shifts his gaze to her book, and snatches it from her hand, turning it around to see the text for himself. "No wonder you feel unhealthy. How can you stand reading this stuff without falling asleep?"

He shuts it and holds it behind his back out of Misty's reach. A slyness passes through his eyes. "How about concentrating on something that takes less brain than this? You haven't even said good morning yet."



"Katie?" A light tap comes to Jason's office door before it opens slightly and Susanne pokes her head in. "Ah, there you are." She smiles gently. "I looked all over for you, and thought maybe you might be in here." She enter slowly, something behind her back. "The guard at the driveway got a delivery a while ago and it found its way to my desk...I think a certain someone somehow got a message out, and I believe this is for you."

Susanne retrieves a single red rose from behind her, and lays it on Jason's desk in front of Katie. She gives a little nod but says nothing more and leaves the office once more, shutting the door quietly behind her.


Jason listens intently, trying to picture Lockheart's summary, and trying to imagine what others might thing. As she finishes, he shrugs. "What can I say...the story fits." He thinks for a moment. "Why didn't I go to the cops after that though? If I was totally innocent and knew that it was self defense...why didn't we report it?"


Clint growls to himself and rolls sideways from under the car just far enough to see Wendy. "Do I look like I'm just being a drama king?" His arms are covered in oil, and it's smeared across places on his face as well, and even a spot in his hair. He points a teasing wrench in her direction. "If you'd care to join me under here, I can show you just what it's like, then you can be the one dramatizing all you want, when you're covered in grease and oil."


Luke interlocks his fingers in Angel's as they walk, and gives her a small smile. "Yeah, sorry. Didn't want to get out of bed this morning."

He pauses, a weary look in his eye. "Last time I lied and said I was fine, you chewed me out, so I think the best option for me at this moment would be to say I feel like crap. But otherwise, everything is great." He forces a dry laugh even though he doesn't feel like it.

No comments: