4/19/08

Morning...

Laura cocks her head, her eyes narrowing slightly. “And if I woulda emailed you rather than letting you see this pretty face, would you have declined?”

She shakes her head. “Well thanks, Nate. Con will be around today yet – I think he’s leaving tomorrow. So we can swing by Jamie’s then.”


Wyatt chuckles. “Naw, you just come with Laura, that’s good. I know she likes the company and I…” He bites his tongue from saying more, and reverts to listening.

“You just hang in there, Hero. It’ll all be over sooner than we know it.” He grins a little. “I’m alright. Same ol’ same ol’.” He pauses, then decided to head to his office. “If you need anything, let me know.”


As Carson heads down the hall, he spies Misty with her nose stuck in a book, heading for the infirmary. Glancing around, he knows that Rick hasn’t arrived yet, and steps forward in front of her, stopping her by putting a hand to the top of the book. He slowly tilts it down so her eyes become visible, and he can give her a crooked grin. “Didn’t you know that reading books this early in the morning is bad for your health?”


Jason shrugs at Lockheart, fidgeting with his cuffs. “I didn’t sleep a wink, that’s how I faired. But I’m alive so I guess that’s a good thing. What did you come up with?”



“Aw for crying out loud!” Clint scoots out from under the car, oil all over himself. “This is the second time this bucket of bolts has done this to me!” Still on his back, he grabs a rag and disappears under the car again, grumbling to himself.


Luke makes his way from his bunkhouse to the mess hall, knowing that he’s missed breakfast, but he hadn’t been able to get himself out of bed any earlier. He’d gone for both his braces this morning…the weather was reeking havoc on him again, and it wasn’t fun. But he didn’t want Angel to have to take time out of her day to help him, so somehow he’d managed to get up and make it out.

He aims for the mess hall, slowly, taking in a breath of the mid-morning air. It was damp, with a feeling of rain on the way.


“Yeah, she’ll be coming sometime. Not sure when.”

Mick nods to Austin as he grooms one of the horses in the barn. “And Con?”

“No, he’s still there. He’s on a leave of absence right now.”

“I see. So Jamie’s the one that got taken by the Agency just recently, right?”

Austin nods. “Yeah. I’m just glad she’s feeling up to coming. It’ll be good to see her again.”

No comments: