4/22/08

Surprised

Carson gives Misty's leg a playful swat. "I'm trying to eat, don't remind me how much fun it is."

"Hey, Carson..." Reese skids to a halt in the break room doorway, quirking an eyebrow with a look of mixed annoyance and frustration, though laced with subtle amusement.

Carson sighs a little and turns his head, keeping Misty on his lap. "Does ruining moments run in the family or what?"

Reese smirks at him, not even commenting on his niece being with him, let alone being in that position. "Your desk is set and I'm ready to show you the ropes...that is, whenever you're finished...eating."

"Right." Carson takes another bite of his sandwich. "Give me a minute or two."

"Make it fast," Reese warns lightly. "I don't intend on having to come back here finding you still wooing that niece of mine."

Carson's eyebrows raise as Reese leaves the room, then he shifts his gaze to Misty, humor making his eyes sparkle. "I take it this place isn't used to having someone like me around."


Jason doesn't say much, but tries to find hope in Lockheart's words. After she leaves, he's taken back to his cell and left. His nightmares try to take over as his unstable emotions sway on the breaking point. But he pastes Katie's face in his mind..the only thing that could ever bring him out of those nightmares. "Hang on, Katie," he whispers. "Five days."


Laura rolls her eyes at Nate's antics, despite the small grin on her lips. "Thanks, but I happen to be an independent woman on the payroll, which means I buy my own food. But I'll let you drive and if anyone gossips about us, I'll set them straight."

She spins around to head for the door, purse in hand. "You coming? I don't have all day."


Eyes widen at Jamie's story. Jeff's jaw drops, and he glances to Rosetta, then to his brother. Their sister-in-law had been murdered.

Mick reaches over to lay a hand on top of Rosetta's, feeling her shock. The Agency had been involved and active just over six years prior and no one had known. They hadn't been as dormant as everyone had thought...this changed a lot pf perspectives... and created a brand new anger.

Questions linger in the air...who was Sam's husband? Where was her son now? Were there more connections?

But no one voices their thoughts, respecting Jamie's time. It was evident she had been through heck and back and no one was going to push her.

No comments: