3/17/08

Not now

Kyle looks up, suddenly seeing Katie inches from his face. Searching her eyes he can see the immediate future and he doesn’t resist. Tilting his head, he allows Katie close, a chill running down his spine as her lips press against his. He allows the kiss to last as long as she remains, drawing back only when she pulls away. Seeing the redness in her cheeks, a grin quirks the corner of his mouth and he looks between her eyes, silent laughter erupting through his gaze. “I definitely like complicated.”

Finally looking down, the smile finally comes. “Well, whadya know…” he reaches down and holds up his finger, a contact lens resting on it. “Viola! Next time I lose my contact I should just call you. This method seems to work.”

Throwing her a wink, he gets up off the floor and gives her a hand back up into her chair. Grimacing, he takes his other contact out and puts them both in the small case to clean. Reaching in his shirt pocket he pulls out his glasses to wear instead. “Alright. So… lunch is finished, we’ve had our desert, and Phil is going to kill me if I don’t have the living room cleaned up by the time he gets home from work.”


Con is teetering on the edge of sleep, too weak to move, though he responds to Jamie’s touch. “I ain’t going anywhere,” he whispers back, his eyes still closed. “I can’t…not now…”

No comments: