2/18/08

Where are ya?

Cindy's smile fades just a little. "I don't know.....I love it here...I really do, but... I can't just stay in limbo forever, ya know? I...I don't know where Jason is going to end up. It's his house too...I guess I always hoped he'd end up back in town to live at home again, but I don't even know that anymore...but I want it to be there for him...and I do kind of miss my own house...I mean, I'm paying for it..." She sighs. "Sorry...I know I'm going in circles. I just really don't know what to do."


Carter purses his lips in thought, and finally nods, despite Katie not being able to see him. "Okay...just hang tight and calm down. I'll get a hold of Todd again and have him go look for Jason. If you think anything changes, call me back. Otherwise, I'll call you when we know something."


Wyatt looks at Katie with concern, never having seen her like this before. "It'll be okay, Katie...I promise." He instinctively reaches around her shoulders, giving he a squeeze, and wiping a tear from her cheek. "You want to come wait at my place? I can even call Todd myself if you want."



Jason flexes his fingers and toes, feeling the pain coming on. He can't stay this way. He has to get warm. "Come on, Todd. Jerry hasn't called you yet. Get someone out here." He reaches over to pat one of the dogs. "I was stupid, wasn't I? Always getting myself into trouble." He swallows hard as he realizes he hasn't eaten for several hours. He has a candy bar in the sled, but there's no way he can reach it. He can feel his blood sugar dropping, not helping his condition at all. Katie's voice suddenly comes to him, chiding him for not paying more attention and taking care of himself. He lets out a scoffing laugh. "Where are ya when I need ya, Katie?"

No comments: