2/29/08

Is he right?

Jason and Wyatt lock eyes for just a moment as Katie walks away.

“What’s your problem?” Jason hisses.

“I just stated it.”

“Don’t you trust Katie?”

“Yes.” Wyatt grits his teeth. “It’s you I don’t trust.”

Jason scoffs and spins on his heel, following after Katie.

Wyatt watches them leave and just stares at the door as it closes. He hadn’t wanted to get as upset as he had…but was it always going to be this difficult? Had he been wrong to pursue Katie’s affections at a time like this? It just seemed so awkward with Jason constantly in the mix. Wyatt was impressed with Katie’s sixth sense, but it drove him crazy to think that it was a harmful quality as Jason’s problems continued.

Sighing in frustration, Wyatt trudges to the door to leave for the night.


Jason wants to tell Katie how neat her car looks, and wants to compliment her choice. But the mood seemed to have been broken. He’s silent as he slips into the passenger seat and buckles himself in. Only as they’re pulling out of the parking lot does he speak. “Is he right, Katie? I know I’ve been more of a burden than Reese intended. I don’t want what’s happening to me to cause so many problems, and if Reese knew, he’d probably let you go to another case. I know tonight isn't going to be an easy night either...not with what's been going through my mind all day... and...I don't want to put you through anything you shouldn't have to. ”

No comments: