2/29/08

Argument

Wyatt’s jaw tightens just a little in a rare moment when he allows his frustration to show. “Yeah, well, my Dad has hardly seen you all day like I have, and I say you need a break.”

Jason’s eyes narrow slightly at the challenging tone. “You got a problem, Wyatt, just say so.”

“The only problem I have is that Katie hasn’t slept in two days,” Wyatt states flatly. “I’d much prefer if you were out of her hair for a few hours than going back to the hotel now and starting your crap all over again.”

Jason stands up a little straighter, cocking his head, his stare showing surprise and annoyance. “I commend your heroics, but you do realize that Katie has a mind of her own.”

“And a very fine one,” Wyatt counters. “But everyone needs a break, and I say you’re coming with me – alone.”

Jason bristles, both at the tone, and the idea of going to the mall. “Shopping can wait until tomorrow.”

“Then we’ll go just sit somewhere.”

“No. I’m going back to the hotel, and going to bed.”

“So you can just have another bad night and keep Katie up again?” Wyatt frowns. “I thought you’d be more considerate than this.”

Fed up, Jason glares at him. “Don’t make me pull rank on you, Wyatt.”

No comments: