2/10/08

A day ends

Mick’s glad Damien is still willing to work with them, and explains more. “If you can meet us at the hospital tomorrow afternoon around one o’clock, that would be great.” After ending the conversation, he hangs up the phone and turns his attention back to BJ, making sure he eats his breakfast, and then gets cleaned up for the day.

Clint eyes the information and nods to Wendy. “Yeah…see if you can dig anything else up. I don’t know what good it’ll do us know, but any puzzle pieces at this point are worth the effort. I gotta go help Wes, but if anything comes up, let me know.”

Reese is grateful for Katie’s report and sets her up with a few more tasks for the day. Several people are called away on a sudden assignment, leaving the lunch room fairly quiet around noon, and during the afternoon, things start to wind down again.

At five, Laura comes by Katie’s cubicle to let her know they can get going. Though having planned to get together with some of the other women, with a couple gone on a case, it’s postponed until a better time, and Laura takes Katie back to her house for an evening meal of pizza before getting ready for bed.

The day seems to go by quickly at the ranch, with new goals to find out more about Sam and BJ, though nothing much is found. Clint works with Wes until the evening, Jason hibernates in his bunk trying to find more information on the slight lead he had, and the others are dispersed, either helping with ranch work or doing research.
In the afternoon, Becky and Rosalynn are ready to go, and Jim takes them away from the ranch, only few knowing where they are going, though Jim says he will be back the next day.
As evening hits, Mick makes sure BJ has a place in the guest room in the mess hall, and opts to sleep in the living room nearby in case anything goes wrong.

Jade sits in her bunk and stares at her computer screen. It was dark out…but she had too much on her mind to sleep. She feels so out of place here…. if it weren’t for her father…or Jason… she knew she would probably find it a good time to go back home. She didn’t know as much about this case and felt useless with no knowledge about how to do anything. Rosalynn was gone, leaving her with one less friend, and Katie had been gone for a couple days….Katie…
Jade sighs and opens up her email, having determined that this was something she needed to write:

Dear Katie,
Hope you’re doing well over at TJY. We miss you…not the same without you around here…
Things are even quieter now – I don’t know if you knew Becky and Rosalynn left. No one knows where they are other than Jim…well, I think Mick and Sparky know, but they’re not saying anything.
Anyway…that’s not why I’m writing. I wanted to apologize…Jason told me all about your fight, and the things that were said and…if I had anything to do with it, I’m so sorry. If I came between you and Jason, I didn’t mean to, and I feel terrible thinking that maybe I did. He and I are happy, but if anything I did caused you to leave, I’m terribly sorry. I like Jason…a lot…but I didn’t want it to hurt our friendship…
I guess that’s it…I don’t know what else to day. I’m glad you were able to go to TJY – I know it’s what you wanted. I hope that I can see you again soon.
-Jade

No comments: