2/9/08

Back to TJY

Mick turns around and is startled by BJ’s presence in the kitchen, but he recovers quickly for the child’s sake. He offers a smile, and comes over to squat down in front of him. “Hey, Bud.” He reaches up to straighten an unruly lock of BJ’s hair. “You hungry?”


Laura grins as she finishes her bowl of cereal. “Hey, good morning. Hope you slept all right.” She throws her dishes in the sink, seeing that Katies is ready to go. “Let me grab my purse, and we’re out of here.”

The ride to TJY takes only ten minutes, and after getting past security, Laura leads the way back down to the lower level. “Well, I suppose Reese will want to see you this morning to get you started.” She gives Katie an encouraging smile. “If you feel overwhelmed or have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to find me. About noon we’ll pop out to bring back something to eat.”
As she heads towards her cubicle, a male voice comes from behind Katie.

“Mornin’.” Wyatt steps out of the elevator, flashing Katie a smile. He looks different than the day before…still in his leather jacket, his hair pulled back in a rubber band, and appearing not to have shaved that morning, giving him a much rougher look than the day before. He sets his sunglasses up on his head. “I think I’m heading in the same direction as you. May I walk you to the back?”

No comments: