1/28/08

Too late

Clint jumps in surprise as Rosetta comes up behind him. “Oh, sheesh.” He rolls his eyes at himself. “You’d think I would have heard you coming.” He follows Rosetta inside and shifts his weight awkwardly. “Listen, um…there’s something I should have told you a long time ago… I was going to tell you a few weeks ago, but everything got crazy, so I didn’t. I think maybe Luke and Angel know a little bit, but Wendy and I didn’t share it with anyone.” He reaches into his back pocket and retrieves a couple folded printouts. “Wendy and I found information on a woman named Trace. We questioned her resemblance to Luke, and we saw that she was involved with Casey at one time. After hearing Austin a few weeks ago, I wondered if maybe Trace was one of the people that Casey wouldn’t talk about. At any rate…we found where she currently resides with her husband, and there is contact information.” Clint swallows hard, knowing that keeping secrets never went over well in this group. “I…we thought maybe we’d find something ourselves and be helpful, but…I guess maybe we should have shared this sooner.”


Jason grins as Katie comes into his bunk. He shrugs off her thanks for the flowers, uninterested in making a big deal out of it.
As Katie asks him to the winter social, his eyes widen. Not even thinking, he lets a chuckle escape, proving he’s oblivious to Katie’s seriousness. “Well, if ya would have come five minutes sooner, you might have had a chance. But Jade beat you to it.” He shakes his head in amusement, not catching on to Katie’s subtle embarrassment, and not believing that any of this is that big of a deal. “So what have you been up to today? I heard some shots - target practice?”

No comments: