1/28/08

A note

Jason gives Katie a solemn grin. “Eh, I’ve settled on knowing I’ll probably never meet my dad. But it’s okay. I’ve moved passed that.”
He sighs deeply, feeling a yawn coming on. His mind insists that Katie can stay, but his body insists he needs the rest. “I suppose some sleep would probably do me good.” He closes his eyes wearily, as Katie gets up, only now realizing just how tired he is. “Thanks for everything, Katie…” His voice trails off as she starts to leave, the sleep much stronger than he’d anticipated, as it pulls him out of reality, forcing his body to rest.

…Waiting on Katie’s bed is a neatly wrapped bouquet of a dozen roses. A note simply reads, “I heard you saved my life. Can’t thank you enough for all you’ve done. Grateful to have you as a friend. – Jason



Jade smiles, looking up from the book she’s been reading. “Yeah, I’m doing pretty well, thanks.” She sighs a little. “Not quite what I’d imagined with my dad being gone the last few weeks, but I understand the need for it. I suppose I’ll get my time with him when I need to.” She grins and nods to the door. “So…you and Clint seem to be pretty close…”

Mick enters the mess hall through the front door, but seeing Jade involved in a conversation with Wendy, he heads to the kitchen for some iced tea.

No comments: