1/25/08

Thinking back

Jason smirks and shakes his head. “I’ll never understand how no one else can read me, but you can see into my mind.”
He is silent for a moment, thinking about what had been on the tip of his tongue. But maybe he hadn’t quite figured it all out yet anyway…sorting through it was half the battle…perhaps contemplating some more was okay. He turns his head towards the window as Katie mentions the rainbow. He smiles a little. “Last time I saw a double rainbow was back home…Austin and I got home late from work and it was storming bad. We’d planned a picnic for supper…it was just an all-around lousy day. But as we pulled into the driveway, we looked up, and there was an awesome double rainbow…kinda made us sit and think about what we were thankful for… We ended up having a picnic after all, so it ended up alright.” He chuckles. “I haven’t thought of that in a long time…” His voice trails off as he once again, drifts into a thoughtful state. “Funny….” He looks up at Katie, the fire showing in his eyes. “I did it.”

Cindy finishes her coffee, then rises slowly. “Let me go say goodbye to Jason, then I’ll be ready to go.” She throws her cup away in the trashcan, and turns to look at Wes again. “Thank you. You’ve been so much more than kind to me these last few weeks.”

No comments: