1/25/08

Groggy

Still a bit in a fog, Jason tries to sort through what Katie is saying. “I guess I’ve been out of it for a little while, huh?” He shakes his head. “Feels like I was stuck in a long dream and just couldn’t wake up enough to…be awake.” He frowns at her apology. “Good grief – is that what you think? I didn’t exactly expect you to follow me into the men’s room, personal hero or not.” He gives her a wry grin. The memories are coming back now, and he begins to remember more to how this situation came about. He concentrates on Katie for a moment longer though, his face reddening slightly. “Yeah…I thought I heard a familiar tune. I won’t give Con too bad of a time about it – I’m sure he had his reasons. Just don’t spread it around, eh?”
He furrows his brow, but cringes as his sore and eye and face resist the movement. He puts a hand to the long wound, feeling the stitches, and for the first time, he realizes that his leg is propped up and wrapped. “I'm not in the greatest shape, am I...but why are you so surprised to see me awake? What happened?"

Austin nods to Rosetta and aims for Jason’s room.

No comments: