1/25/08

Did you mean it?

Cindy rubs a hand over her face and nods. “Yeah…I should probably sleep a little bit.” She eyes Wes, and shakes her head. “I really appreciate you sticking around all this time. I’m…I’m sure you’ve been anxious to get back to the ranch, and I…” She lowers her gaze to the table. “Thank you.”


Jason squints at Katie for a moment. “The only place I’ve ever felt a part of something was at TJY…I guess I’m not used to other people caring that much.” He studies Katie’s face, wondering about her care in particular, but lets it pass.
He shrugs, and tries to pull himself up into more of a sitting position, wincing against the pain in his leg. “Naw, I’m not hungry at the moment. I’m sure I’ll get some ‘real nice’ food brought to me in a while.” He becomes quiet for several moments, seeming to contemplate something deeper than his next meal. “Katie…what you said before all this happened…about….about me looking down on you when I first came… did you mean that?”

No comments: