12/27/09

Lost time

Sparky could feel the heat in his face worsening, even though he knew Faith was trying to make him feel less embarrassed. Her soft laugh and comment bring his eyes back up again, seeming almost surprised that no one would have compared her to an angel before.

Just wanting to get past the whole thing, he concentrates on Faith's question, quickly moving on, though his face remains red for several more minutes, especially when he realizes that she'd been looking at him for as long as he had been looking at her. "Um... yeah... yeah, I think I could handle something to eat. But..." He glances down, then up again. "I think I'd be better company if I can manage to get myself in the shower then into some clean clothes first. I mean... if you don't mind waiting a few minutes?"


"...he's not been very cooperative with the counseling sessions. Though Brenda says that it's strange because as far as the drugs go, he seems relieved. She thinks he's hiding something... I don't have a clue." Mick leans against the wall, looking out the window as he talks with Rosetta. It had been a long several days he'd gone without another phone call, so being able to talk with her again now, he was getting in as much as he could.

"At any rate, I told Adam I was thinking about having Dylan come stay with us. But... I didn't know if you'd be okay with that. Right now he's got a chip on his shoulder the size of Canada, and he's got a mouth on him I'd like to wash out with soap. Thing is, I don't feel right about sending him right back to where he got in trouble in the first place. I'd like to give him a chance, just... only if you think it would be alright."


Gage smiles a little. "A good heart, huh? I guess a lot of people would beg to differ." Searching Sapphire's eyes for a moment or two, he seems to be deep in thought, a thousand miles away.

"The lights from the tree... they make your eyes look blue." Though he'd completely changed the subject, it didn't seem to matter much. He often did, proving that his mind took many different avenues and that it didn't bother him to let his thoughts wander and deepen where they would.

"I... don't know why you stick with me," he comments softly. "But I am grateful... I don't say it enough. You've done so much... and you're my only friend. I didn't know what it was like to have a real friend before you..."

Reaching up, he brushes a strand of her hair back in place. Upon retreat though, his hand gently touches the side of Sapphire's face. "They never let me have friends," he whispers. "I don't know how to... make up for lost time."

No comments: