11/25/09

Airport

Kyle returns Alice's soft kiss, his eyes staying glued to hers for several moments. "I don't know why you keep thanking me," he comments quietly.

He reaches over to brush a strand of hair from the side of her face. "I'm the one that owes you all the thanks."

Hearing a bit of noise and some voices, he sighs. "I guess I better at least try to get some sleep. They might kick me out if I stay in your room too much longer."

Grinning, he steals one last kiss before he rolls off the bed and aims for the door. "Night, Alice," he calls over his shoulder before disappearing into the hall.


Jade smiles, though she keeps her eyes focused out the windshield, lest she turn her gaze to Dan and fall into those eyes of his again. "I had fun too... maybe we can still get a movie sometime though." The thought that crossed her mind was the living room right off of the dining hall that had a nice comfy couch and a big tv across from another small fireplace.

She quickly tries to think of something else. "Well, if I make it past my father alive when we get back, I'd say it was a good day." She laughs, trying to not be too serious about it. "Maybe he's been too distracted to notice I've been gone."

If only she were that lucky. A while later after the long drive from town, it was Mick who was standing outside the barn as chores were accomplished before supper. He eyes the pickup, his hands resting on his hips. Seeing his daughter and Dan get out though, he just turns and goes back into the barn.

Jade lifts an eyebrow. Her dad had not looked happy. "I... think I'll go see if I can help with supper," she comments. Maybe if she kept busy and she wasn't in the barn, her dad would let this afternoon slide.


Scott tries to ignore the busy swarm around him as he talks with Hope. A smile spreads on his face. "I'd say you didn't have to pick me up but... there's too much benefit in that for me to pass it up."

He chuckles softly, beginning to relax. "Yeah, things went alright here. Mick was pretty uptight. Not that I wouldn't be, but I hope Reese was right in letting him be a part of the investigation. Start running on your emotions instead of your head in this business and we'll be in trouble."

Hearing the boarding call, he stands up from his seat. "I gotta go now. I should be there in about an hour with all the waiting we'll have to do on the runway, so... I'll see you then."

After ending the call, he takes a deep breath and starts forward, trying not to pay attention to having people on all sides and the narrow hall of the ramp that led to the plane. Once he boarded, closing his eyes and listening to his music helped until they landed in Nevada. Squeezing between the seats reminded him of how spoiled he'd become with private Elite jets during the last couple years.

Finally making it into the airport, he scans the faces for Hope.


Eli chuckles as he gets everything together to bring into the living room. "Oh, just did some sightseeing... wound up at a motorcycle shop and you know I could spend a week in a place like that."

He joins Ryan and Leo, setting everything down on the coffee table and pulling a chair close. "Rented a movie we might wanna watch tonight..." he shrugs. "Nothing special."

The strange thing was, that so far, he hadn't met his sister's eyes once since getting back.

No comments: