10/8/09

Insane Irene

Gunner snickers and shakes his head st Bree's find. "Okay, you can circle it, but no points since it's not on the list." He gives her a quick teasing look before glancing back to the puzzle.

Seeing Hope coming, Gunner straightens just a little. He liked her, but he wasn't so sure about trusting her at this point. He greets her though. "Well, if it isn't Dr. Garrison. All you're interrupting is the passage of time. Sit down, take a load off, if you're not afraid of vampires."

He motions to another chair. "Bree this is my shrink, er, sorry, counselor, Dr. Hope Garrison. She and my buddy Conrad are the two that can be thanked for me being here." Though his tone was calm, there was an underlying feeling of bitterness.

Gunner cocks his head at Hope, predicting the usual. "I'm fine, thanks, better since I got some decent company for a while instead of insane Irene over there by the window. I'm sure Dr. Kellar will tell you I have multiple problems after the nice chats he and I have had, but to be honest, I think he's a little nutty himself."

Sarcasm has seeped into his voice. "And if you wonder how I really feel, I think today a mountain cliff would do just as well as a bridge." He didn't know if Bree knew the reason he'd gone off the deep end or not, but it really didn't bother him that she was hearing all this. He rests an elbow on the table to cup his chin in his hand, staring at Hope. "Other than that, things are just peachy."
While talking as a distraction, his other hand has slid down, hiding the pen from view until he can slip it into his pocket.

"What about you? Reese send you over?"

No comments: