9/19/09

Everybody else

Gunner's shoulders drop a little and he tilts his head at Hope, blinking once. He might have been made out of iron, but he words still stung on a certain level.

"You're just like everybody else." He shakes his head. "You told me you were different, but this just proves you can't see any further out of the box than anyone else."

He steps up on the curb and shrugs lamely. "If I'm the bad guy, then I deserve to be the one in jail while a murderer walks free. Is that what you're saying? Or no..." A light laugh surfaces. "You don't believe there's a murderer at all."

He throws up his hands in surrender. "Alright... let's go back to your 'office' and sit and stare at each other until this thing is over. I thought you might understand, but I guess not."

Moving towards his car, Gunner slides in behind the steering wheel, keys in-hand, and just waits for Hope.

No comments: