9/19/09

done?

Gunner's eyes stay focused ahead, and he gives a short laugh. "You're good... you're very good. For a moment, I almost trusted you."

He shakes his head. "You're right though. I'm the one that asked for the doctor to come out, so here you are."

He puts the key in the ignition, giving a sigh as every wall securely moves back up in place. "Alright, Dr. Garrison, are we heading back to headquarters to be done with today's session? Or are you going to make me sit and think about what we talked about today?"


"Yeah... I told her." Jeff lies on his side, curled up, his eyes barely open as he talks with Jay.

Jay sits in the chair, his shoulders drooping. "And?"

"She walked away." Jeff swallows hard. The tears were dry, but the emotions lingered. "She just... walked away."

"Was she upset?"

"I don't know... I think so..." Jeff's voice starts to trail off as his eyes fall completely shut.

Jay sighs. Apparently there was no more than that to be said anyway. "I'll let you sleep a while." Standing up, he receives no response. A bit of worry hits him. "Jeff?" Nothing. He gently shakes his brother's shoulder. "Jeff?"

Jeff manages to open one eye lethargically. "I'm cold."

Jay grits his teeth as he gets another blanket to spread on top of Jeff. "Don't go anywhere.... not yet." Turning, he heads from the bunk to go get Angel. Even he could see that his brother was going downhill fast.

No comments: