8/22/09

Time

Bret makes himself grin, forcing his mind not to think about why he was stuck in bed. "I think we'd probably get caught before we hit the fresh air. But I'm glad to know you'd go criminal with me if I asked you."

Running his hand down the side of Charlotte's face, he grows a little more serious. "You better get to work or you'll be late... thanks for bringing me some real food."


So that was it. Scott takes a deep breath and wanders slowly into the living room, dwelling on Katie's question. "I didn't."

Sinking down on the couch, he pulls his legs up under him to curl up, quickly joined by Domino.

"The memories ever go away... they're always there, even now. How I made it through? With people like you... Dalton... Hope..."

He thinks for a moment, unsure just how affected Katie was from being taken. "Talking things out made the problems real... and once I knew they were real, I could conquer them. It takes time, Katie... the fear... it just has to go away on its own. But... it's different for everybody"

He stops again, listening to the silence on the line. "Are you... okay?"

No comments: