8/19/09

One of those days

"Thanks, Angel. I'll let you know when I receive the package."

Ending the call, Rick hangs up and turns around to see Jeff finally resting quietly. He goes to him to check him over once more. "Still in pain?"

Jeff shakes his head a little numbly. "No... now I'm just... really quite happy..." His gaze swings in Rick's direction. "You gave me something a bit, uh, loaded, there doc?"

Rick grins a little. "You could say that. Just try to rest some more."

"How about playing some basketball?"

"No. Rest."

"Hockey?"

"In the middle of summer?"

Jeff stops and squints one eye. "Er... right. Summer." He shakes his head groggily. "Poker?"

Rick chuckles and shakes his head. "I can't take the time. Rest... that means rest."

"Pushy." Jeff waves him off, but closes his eyes. "I'll sleep then. But wake me up if there's an earthquake."

Rick's eyebrows rise and he almost asks why, but realizes that Jeff had no clue what he was saying. "Right... I'll do that."


Half an hour later, Jen has arrived, giving Katie a smile as she enters the house. "Hey, you." She gives Katie's shoulder a loving scratch. "I hope I'm not being too much of a pain."

She sets down her purse and gives a little sigh. "Just one of those days, I guess." She cocks her head, studying Katie's face. "Looks like its been one of those days for you too."


Reese settles back in his seat after Hope takes a chair across from him. "Alright, I've given you the brief explanation of what my request is about... now I'd like to hear your side of things. Why do you think TJY would suffer if you were to help us?"

No comments: