8/6/09

I have to

Trent looks at Rosetta for a long moment before he shakes his head. "No." He purses his lips then looks back to the horse. "I think we had feelings for each other... but it wasn't very deep. We wanted what we wanted and we didn't care about consequences. When she found out she was pregnant, she was braver than anything... despite the wrath of her family. I told her I'd take care of her... so... I can't tell what I would have done. But... after I saw my baby girl... I... I doubt I could have stayed away."

He shrugs, trying not to relive the hurt he'd buried so long ago. "It was too late. But I'm not making that mistake again. I'm going to confirm the girl is Jasmin and then I'll... I'll..." His voice trails off. He had no idea what he was doing. "But I have to."

No comments: