6/21/09

Hurt

Kyle manages something close to a smile, but is still very quiet for several moments. He didn't rightly know what to say. There were a lot of things running through his mind, and a whole lot more he could say. But he knew he really didn't want to say all of them.

Using his feet, he springs backward from the wall, creating a wave as he sends himself into the middle of the pool again. Dunking under, he comes back up to comb his hands through his hair. Looking at Alice from a distance, he sees how not only is there space between them here, but there had been all day.

Swimming back up to her again, he concentrates on a little crack in the wall instead of looking her in the eye. "I... I'm sorry I didn't talk to you all day. It's just... I guess..." He gives a little shrug. "I guess my feelings were kinda hurt, that's all."

No comments: