6/21/09

Friends

Kyle wipes some water off his face and squints a little as some gets in his eyes. He takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, letting himself sink so just his head is above water. "I'm... sorry too."

His eyes stay downward as he treads water. He still felt like he had a fever, and his head still hurt, but the water was seeming to help. And he knew that if he and Alice were going to be okay, they needed this conversation.

"I guess I just took you for granted... figured you'd told me everything I guess... but I shouldn't have assumed that and... I shouldn't have felt bad either when you told me. You have a right to your own privacy."

Though concentrating at the design on the bottom of the pool, he was still remembering that Hunter had known before him about Alice's past. And part of his own mind was reminding himself to keep just a little distance. He and Alice were friends... best friends... but just friends nonetheless.

"So... yeah." He takes a swipe at his face again as his hair continues to drip.

No comments: