5/11/09

Shouting

Fear and confusion were written all over Scott’s face. He jumps as Nate shouts at him. He wanted to turn around and run, but there was no escape route. He wanted to hide, but there was no place big enough.

He quivers, his face growing red from humiliation. Terror seized him. If Nate was not his friend, who could he trust? He swallows hard as his stomach churns.

Nate’s shouted words hit Scott with force, and he backs up against the wall. “I don’t know anything!” he yells back. “I’m not playing games and I’m not a spy!! I don’t know what you’re talking about and I don’t know anything!” His throat already hurt from his own shouting. “If I knew something, don’t you think I would have told you by now?! If I did know something, then I don’t remember!”

His gaze wildly searches Nate’s and he slides to the corner of the office, trying to disappear in shadow. “I don’t know anything!!”


Carson lifts his head, hearing the shouting going on down the hall. He inwardly cringes. Apparently it wasn’t going well. He wondered though if perhaps he himself held the right trigger if Scott wasn’t going to talk to Nate. It might take both their efforts.

No comments: