3/16/09

Crack

Feeling the sting from Laura's words Nate stops again. Why...why was this happing. His emotions were going up and down up and down.

The cracks grow bigger.

Go than stay, Nate was so confused and he didnt understand. Why did it have to be so hard. Turning around all the way the tears flood over in Nate's eyes as he cant hold them in. It was to much emotion to hold in for one person, even a strong person like Nate.

"Laura, you know darn well that I dont think your worthless, and I know you feel rotten at the moment. I understand that completely, but I dont know how to change that for you because you wont let me."

Nate was frustrated and he hurt. His heart being ripped in two. He wanted to say, but he new he should go. He wanted to wrap his arms around Laura but he new he shouldnt.

And the cracks grow.

"I walk away because I dont want to make you feel like crap and I know you need your space. I am walking away because I do understand your hurting, and you need time."

Nate takes in a sigh and lets his breath out again. His eyes showed no anger but only sadness.

"I can understand so much Laura but I cant just stand and let you throw daggers at me. I...dont feel sorry for myself, and I dont look at you like a kid. I see a woman infront of me that is hurting so much but wont let me help. I cant put myself through the torcher of just standing here and not being able to do anything, space, you want space and thats what I am giving you because I cant do anything alse."

Turning once again Nate continues to the house at a faster pace now and dosnt stop again this time as he move faster. For his own good and for Laura's he had to go even though it was the hardest thing in the world.

Disapearing inside Nate slowly makes his way into the kitchen. The tears are still stricken on his face but for now they have stoped.

Giving a small nod to Paula and Dan Nate stops but for a moment.

"Thank you very much for letting me speak with Laura."

Continuing through the kitchen and out the front door Nate gets into his car and starts it only to sit in the drive way for a moment longer. The tears forming in his eyes again as he rested his head on the stearing wheel. Now that he was alone they came with more force one after another.

Giving another laugh and shaking her head Jess slowly starts to decent the tree with Axel as he helps her down.

"I have to tell ya it was nice being in he tree but after you almost falling its good to have my feet back on the ground as well."

Brushing herself off just a little Jess moves a little ways away and drops to her hands and knees starting to look for the wallet.

"So what would be the point of an expired coupon if its no good?"

Jess laughs again as she continues to move and look for the wallet. The grass was thick and it was so dark out. she almost felt like this was looking for a pin in a hay stack.

No comments: