2/27/09

Upset

"Yeah, I know..." Kyle mulls over Alice's words. "It's not something you just go around talking about if that's the kind of life you've left behind. Guess I just hope he really has left it behind, ya know?"

Finishing off his second taco, he leans back in his chair, listening for a moment. "Yeah, I'm sure we'll hear his side of the story. Cryptic is too good not to let Axel say his peace - we're just all kinda in shock at the moment. And Rocky... well, he mighta lost his temper there, but I know he and Axel were pretty close, so I know he'd give him a second chance."

He shrugs. "If Axel is truly a different man than he used to be, then we got a bunch of people here willing to look past that. It's just the question of whether he's different or not."

Thinking about Jess, he gives a little nod. "Yeah, I don't know her very well myself, but from what I observed too, Axel was the reason she was out and about with the band. I bet it was a bit of a shock for her too."

Kyle lets out a deep breath, then sips on his pop. "I was the one who said we should go ahead tonight, but I really don't want to go," he admits. He shakes his head and looks at his watch. "But unfortunately, the guys will be loading up in about half an hour. If you're up for an adventure, feel free to tag along. Otherwise I guess I'll see you at the concert. You better be there too, 'cause I'll need someone to keep me sane at this one."


Scott watches Hope for a moment as he pets Domino, a faint smile visible. "Maybe I'll bring her to my next appointment."

He lays a hand on the doorknob, but hesitates. He looks back to Hope, that same strange look in his eye that had been there for such a brief moment earlier. The question was on the tip of his tongue, but he finally just lets it go.

"Thank you... I'll see you soon." Getting out, Domino is quick to follow, and Scott shuts the door, backing away before turning to head for the TJY door.


"What do you want me to do?!" Axel throws a shirt into his duffel bag, his phone to his ear. "It isn't worth it. They've already made up their mind about me, Derek, I know it." He sighs in frustration. "No. Look, the damage is done. I know I've lost my friends, I've all but lost my job, and along with that my place to live too. I've got nothing. And you want me to go and beg them to listen to me? No... I'm not going to do it. They've made up their mind, so be it. Let them find the truth later on then realize their mistake. But I'm not going to stand around just having to defend myself all the time."

Listening to his elder friend, he grits his teeth, throwing another pair of jeans into his bag. "I knew this would happen eventually. I don't know who found out first, but it doesn't matter. I can't be part of the band with this reputation, and I'm not gonna be able to stay around here either."

No comments: