2/15/09

Swat

Carson grins at Katie's shot. "What was good? Your kick or your shot?"

Rolling his eyes, he moves around to the side, giving Katie's backside a swat with his cue stick. "I gotta be more careful around you, Kat."

"No." Jason points a finger at Austin. "That's not true. No one minds change. It's your tyranny we despise."

Austin opens his mouth, but suddenly, he retreats. Slumping down in a chair, he runs a hand over his face. "What happened to us, Jase? We use to be a good team."

Jason starts to cool down, by Austin's retreat. "Used to be? Did we? Or was it all you? How often did you make an idiot out of me when I didn't know it? How often did you just use me because I was good?"

The continued shouting in the next room makes Carson stop for a moment and sigh. "Those two really are related, aren't they?"

No comments: