2/19/09

Keep talking

Having Katie lean on him Ryder shifts just a little, but doesn't mind it at all. Stretching his arms back behind his head, he takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

"We all want to do something good before we die, I think. Almost as if we're born with that desire. Just don't ever let this job kill that fire of yours. 'Cause it can, and easily."

Ryder's own eyes take on a different light, not quite sadness, but not happiness either. "I know what the wrong side feels like too. Every day feels like once more chance to try and make up for it, somehow." He wanted to say more. Something else was on the tip of his tongue. Something about this case. Something about what he was doing here. But it remains unspoken.

Looking back to Katie's face, his smile returns. "I haven't had a woman as pretty as you talk to me in a long time. Keep talking... I like the sound of your voice."

No comments: