6/12/08

breakfast

Carson flinches as he receives Misty’s elbow. “Hey, at least I was nice! I could have pushed you off the couch.”

Grinning, he nods. “Yeah, it’ll be nice when you can move normal. Then I can go back to pushing you around.”

Seeing her get to the bathroom first, he yells after her. “Hey, don’t take too long! Or I’ll have to visit my neighbor, and won’t they be thrilled with my request.”


“Oh yeah, sure.” Wyatt nods and thumbs down the hall. “Help yourself. Towels are in the closet. Just watch the hot water knob – sometimes it sticks.” Finally rising, he picks up the blanket his dad had used and folds it, throwing it over the chair. Heading to his own room and private shower, he and Reese get ready for the day, meeting back in the kitchen again to whip up some homemade waffles for a quick breakfast.

Once Aerith joins them, they set up at the kitchen table. Halfway through the meal, Wyatt looks across at Aerith. “So…would you prefer me to take you straight to work or do you need to go home?” He pauses, not really liking the second choice. “I’m not too thrilled leaving you alone with Frankie on the loose…is there anywhere else you can stay?”


Jason sighs just a little and nods at Katie. “Yeah, I know it…personally I wish we could just get out there and start kicking butt, but I guess sitting through a court hearing first is what needs to happen.” A wry grin shows through – the first in a long time.

Gesturing to the mess hall, he starts his walk again. “I better get something to eat before we leave, otherwise I’ll be scared you really will turn me in to Rick once we get back.”


Con laughs along with BJ, not caring about acting like a kid in front of the other people. “Fighting” with the little boy, he takes the blows as if he’s being hit by someone his own size. Wrapping BJ up in a bear hug finally though, he sweeps him up and turns him upside down. “Alright, kiddo, are you ready to eat your breakfast, or what?”


Mick smiles and gives Rosetta a hug. “If just for one more day to spend with you, I’m happy.”


Scott looks up as he sees Katie and Jason enter the messhall. Lifting an eyebrow, he forces himself not to speculate, and waves them over. Smiling at Katie, he offers her a nod. “I see you made it back in one piece. Though I give you fair warning, you’re going to have to either keep me awake on the plane or give me a pillow. There’s not much in between with me today.”

Gesturing for her to sit down, he looks up at Jason for a moment before his eyes relent. “Care to join us?”

“Um…” Jason makes a quick glance around the room, spotting others who are already engrossed in conversations. Even his mom is surrounded at the moment. He looks back down to Katie, questioning if she wanted him there are not.

No comments: