4/15/08

Right

*Lockheart study's Reese, Katie and Nate for a long while. Everyone and a while joting stuff down on some paper. This was going to be alittle harder than planned. But Lockheart dosent even bat an eye at the information, when she should of been saprised she wasent.*

"I can see why this is going to be hard. Its going to take some time to work out the kinks but there might be a way to tell the truth, just leave some stuff out. If we bring in Katie as a witness ..."

*Katie pipes up*

"I wouldent mind, as long as it was to help Jason."

*Lockheart smiles and nods.*

"...the reson of why she was there wont be asked. That is her Aunts farm. They were walking in the woods, and Blake did pull a gun on Katie. Thats a rough short copy of what could of been said. More detail would have to be added thats true, but we might not have to mention TJY or the other at all."

*Lockheart lets out a sigh as she sits back and takes a sip of her tea.*

"This case sure is going to be a challange and handles with so much care its not funny. But I like a challange. If any of you can think of anything alse to tell me that would help, please call. I am going to need everything I can get for this."

*Nate folds his arms across his chest.*

"What do you think your chanses of geting Jason out are Lockheart now after hearing all this?"

*Lockheart looks at Nate and thinks about his question for a moment.*

"For every 3 people sent to deathrow, 1 innocet or not is set free. At this point I dont know the answer to your question Nate. But I am hoping Jason is that 1 set free. To many people care about this innocet man to give up on him. I'll fight tooth an nail to keep him safe and bring him home. I dont give up that easy."

*Lockheart looks down at her watch it was almost three. Closing her brefcase she looks up at the others again.*

"Well its two fourty if you guys want to head over to the jail. I'll follow in my car."

*Standing Katie stands with her, taking Lockheart by the arm for a moment.*

"Lockheart I just want to say thank you, for trying all you can to help my friend. I guess I wanna thank you for everything you did for me too. If it wasent for you I might never be where I am. I know I wasent all the nice to you, I'm sorry for that."

*Lockheart's face softens for a moment as she searches Katie's face.*

"Its not a problem kiddo. I'm just happy to see you've stayed on the right track."

No comments: