4/2/08

Resistance

Con's eyes widen at Jamie's explanation. "BJ's Sam's son? That means...he's Mick's nephew...wow...and Damien..." The wheels in his mind start to turn. "This is gonna be quite something to explain to them. Not that they haven't been through this before, but....." He tilts her head up by placing a finger under her chin. "It'll be fine though...and you'll do just fine. You care too much not to do it."


Jason tightens his jaw, but submits to Nate and ceases his arguing.

As Carson is pushed forward, he glances over his shoulder at Misty. "Oh yeah, this'll be fun alright. I'm sure I'll be dying to do it again."

They reach the room, and Jason gives Carson an extra shove through the door. "Have a seat. I have a feeling we're gonna be here a while."

Carson does as he's told, leaning back casually, his body language conveying his arrogance.

Jason grabs a seat across the table next to where Nate will sit. "Why don't we start from the beginning?" He opens up the file Reese had given him. "Looks like you've been plenty active the last few years."

Though surprised they have any information on him, Carson remains unmoved and simply shrugs. "Yeah, sure."

"How long have you been with the Agency?"

"Long enough."

Jason frowns at him. "How long?"

Carson quirks a cocky grin. "Can I get something to drink?"

"Later." Jason points to the papers. "How long, Carson?"

"Been around them for about fourteen years."

Jason starts taking notes. "You been in on the case out in Texas?"

"Maybe."

Jason looks up at him once more, his glare returning. "Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be."

Carson tilts his chair back on it's legs, rocking back and forth. "Can I have that smoke yet?"

Jason glances over to Nate with annoyance. "What happened?" He turns back to Carson. "I thought you were willing to work with us here."

Carson shrugs. "Maybe I decided there was more in this for me than I was bargaining for."

"You don't have a whole lot to bargain with."

"Look, the Agency is going to be after me." Carson's eyes narrow and he lets the chair drop back down on all fours. "They're gonna be looking to kill me. Now are you willing to give me protection?"

"Last I knew, you didn't care if you died."

"So I changed my mind."

Jason fiddles with his pencil. "We'll do what we can. Now elaborate on your dealings with the Agency."

Carson crosses his arms. "I want Misty in here."

"What?" Jason looks at him in amazement. "Come on here, Carson! This isn't a game!"

"Misty," Carson repeats.

"No." Jason shakes his head. "First off, this is not her job. Second, Reese would not approve. Third, I don't like the way you treat women."

"Then I'm not talking."

Jason rolls his eyes, slamming his folder shut. "What? She gonna bat her eyes and talk sweet to you so you'll be willing to talk or what? Don't give me this line, Carson. We're not playing it your way."

"Then how about Jamie?"

Jason is on his feet so fast, that his chair gets knocked over. He leans forward, his palms on the table to get closer to Carson, his eyes blazing. "You get ten yards from that woman in this building and I'll be on you so fast it'll make your head swim."

Carson doesn't even flinch. "Then I'm not talking."

"Dang it, Carson!" Jason slams his fist on the table.

"How bad you want this information?" Carson taunts. "To what lengths are you willing to go to get it?"

"You're not getting Misty, and you're most certainly not getting Jamie. I'll take you on with my bare hands if I have to, but you can bet this entire department will be behind me."

"I can't get a drink, I can't have a smoke..." Carson counts things off on his fingers. "I can't have Misty in here, I can't see Jamie...why am I even here?"

"Because we're letting you live!"

"Then why not throw me in the cell and lock me up to starve?"

Jason throws up his arms in disgust and turns to pace the corner. He throws Nate a look. "This is ridiculous. He's all yours."

No comments: