3/26/08

Time

Carson waits a moment, but finally stands up and shakes his head. "You're a strange one, Nate, I'll give you that. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were gonna kill me off in my sleep." He shrugs lamely. "I know better than to ask for a smoke, so no...I guess that's it."


The feel of Katie in Jason's arms drives everything else out of his mind. Her embrace...the touch of her lips...her hand running through his hair. Nothing had felt the same...nothing had evoked his emotions as much.

The sun sinking beneath the horizon places them in a moonlit expanse. Jason's heart races as he takes his time, unwilling to end this moment too quickly, lest the magic be broken. He holds Katie close with an unleashed passion, too strong for words.

But though time seems to stand still, it waits for no one, and the exchange must eventually close.

Jason slowly straightens, finding it hard to pull away. His lips meet Katie's one more time, as if wanting a simple reminder of what they'd just shared.

Finally opening his eyes, he rests his forehead against hers, leaving his arms around her. An ever-so-slight grin quirks the very corner of his mouth, and he studies each of her eyes, memorizing their enchanting gaze.

No comments: