2/20/08

Ty

Wyatt grins as Katie shoves him and reaches up to give a gentle yank to her hair as she passes. Turning back to Jason, he cocks his head. "So how are you anyway?"

Jason shrugs. "Alright. Looks like things have been busy here."

Wyatt immediately picks up on Jason's avoidance of talking about himself, and lifts an eyebrow. "Yeah...busy as always..." He squints at Jason's face for a moment. "What's happened, Jase? I expected you to come in with quite a following, not you sneaking in here unnoticed to hide in your office."

Jason lowers his eyes to focus on the file that he opens again. "Just tired I guess. Been away from the office too long maybe. Everyone around here doesn't need me to make a big deal out of me being back."

"They'll want to," Wyatt states flatly. "You know good and well that everyone will be thrilled you're back...." He pauses, concern surfacing. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jason looks up with a forced smile. "If it'll make you feel better, I'll come to your cookout. When is it?"

"In two days...Friday night." Wyatt sighs and turns to leave, stopping again. "Well, for what it's worth to you, it's good to see you back. Laura will be excited, and I was just about ready to take that dog of yours to a shrink the way he's been acting without you."

A chuckle surfaces and Jason grins. "I'll bring him back here after I leave your place on Friday."



Wyatt glances at his watch and heads to his own desk, bumping into Hal on the way, near Katie's cubicle.

"Hey, Wyatt. I forgot to ask you... you mentioned you had a friend who might wind up with some janitorial work around here. Anything come of that?"

Wyatt shakes his head. "Not yet. I'm not sure what will happen... I can't get Ty to take on any work around here. I don't know if it's a lack of motivation or laziness or what... I give him the newspapers every day and when I get home he says he's looked at him, but nothing seems to fit him." He shrugs. "I don't know what to do about it...he doesn't seem the lazy type...I don't know if there's something he's hiding or what...we know he doesn't have a criminal record or anything."

"Hmm...well, if you're ever going to bring him by, just let me know."

No comments: