12/2/09

Out Numbered

"Hey, what can I saw I make good none garlic, garlic bread. I have a talent for it."

Setting the little bear aside into the chair that was empty at the table Bree looks at it once again before looking to her Uncle, and Gunner. It had been a crappy afternoon but he had made it better and for that Bree was thankful.

Digging into her food and letting the conversation continue it was nice having someone else at the table with them. Not that she minded talking with her Uncle but sometimes just stopping and listing was always nice too.

As the conversation comes to the lull and Bree' Uncle starts talking directly Bree has a hunch of what he was talking about but was a little surprised that he was pretty much asking Gunner to live there. Not that it bothered her, she just didnt expect that from her uncle.

Her eyes twinkle though there was no smile on her face as JT turns the attachen to her asking a question. Pretending to think for a long moment if one looked closer they could see in her eyes she already had the answer. But adding dramatic affect was way to much fun.

"That was be fine with me, it would be nice to have Gunner close by anyways. It just means I can bother him easier. I wouldn't mind you at all staying here Gunner. As long as you dont mind I would be in and out of the house at all hours."

Turning to Kip a smile still remained on Karla's face but a something flickered behind her eyes. Maybe a little bit of embarrassment, or something else.

"Thats very nice of you and I wouldnt mind but..."

Karla looks down for a moment before looking back up at Kip searching his eyes for a long moment. Maybe he wouldn't mind but still it was far from this.

"...my apartment is not the best. Bad part of town, grubby looking, Its pretty bad. Sure is nothing like this thats for sure. I consider this a palace."

Karla gives a little nervous and shy laugh as she shifts her weight from one foot to the next.

"But...if...you dont think it will scare you away I guess I wouldn't mind."

Still exchanging words and paraphernalia with his friends Roth doesn't even notice as Eli comes up. Its not till Eli speaks that Roth realizes he is there. Turning to face him Roth stands with his legs spread a little his buddys on one side, and the girls on the other.

"Whats it to you if I am or not? You should watch your mouth when your out numbered."

Roth looks behind him at his two friends and gives a dry laugh before his cold eyes look back to Eli. Giving Eli a once over of his own Roth gives a scoff.

"Whata you want?"

No comments: