12/4/09

Another change

Kip cocks his head. "Then before I go, tell me that you'll come over for supper. Six o'clock. The band's just having a real casual supper of subs after practice, and now you know where the house is so... would you? Rin can come back too."


Gunner lets himself into his dark, quiet apartment. It felt too dark... too quiet. After such a fun evening with JT and Bree, this just felt... empty. He'd never felt as though he didn't want to be alone before... he'd never craved company... But maybe this whole thing had changed him more than he'd thought.

A while later as he lay in bed, he stares up at the ceiling, trying to fall asleep. But the struggle would continue longer than anticipated. And in the morning, he would find he'd received less than an hour's sleep.


Eli accepts the cloth and presses it to the side of his head. "Should I be scared with you two in charge?"

Leo grins. "Nah. We won't be too rough with you."

"Oh, thanks." Eli winces as he finds another cut. "I think you two should go get the food and let me clean myself up."


"So practice went well?" Jason held his cell phone to his ear, leaning on the doorway between the two hotel rooms - one for him and Wyatt, and the other for Katie. He'd gotten a call from Phil before setting things up, and was sorry he was missing out on band activity.

"Yeah, yeah, we're good."

"Good. Forgot to ask you the other day if you'd heard from Kyle."

"Nope. Not a word in over a month. Jen's not taking it well, but she finally gave up trying to call him."

"That's what I thought." Jason catches Katie by slinging an arm over her shoulders as she walks by, not realizing that something had happened. He wasn't trying to do anything, but somehow, everything he was hearing was being pushed in her direction. It had never happened before, and Jason was too absorbed to notice that Katie was being let in on the conversation. "Alright, well I just wanted to touch base. I'll call you guys when I can but I'll probably be silent for a few days now."

"We understand. Just stay safe and bring back Katie too."

Jason grins. "Of course. Later."

"Later."

Jason flips his phone shut and gives Katie's head a kiss. "I'm supposed to bring you home safe."


Jade stands in the entrance of the quiet barn, looking towards the lit dining hall. She could hear Dan behind her, finishing up the last few chores, and she sighs. Another day gone. "I have to talk to him," she comments aloud. "I know he's trying to find Dylan but I have to talk to him anyway." She sighs again. She was scared to.

No comments: