11/6/09

Hanging around

Gunner chuckles. "Yeah, well... I have a feeling. Bree and I are gonna be able to do without a mental hospital. There's something about the stars that doesn't require any specific location to see them."


Eli purses his lips, feeling bad for his sister. "We always did learn things the hard way, didn't we?" He offers a wry grin as he plays a card. "I guess it catches up with us eventually, one way or the other. Leo seemed alright though. Didn't like me none, but I think he was just being protective. Does he volunteer here or something when he's not at the shop? I keep seeing him downstairs when I go to the cafeteria. Never talk to him, but he's usually hanging around the desk area."


Sparky's eyes widen as he reads Wes' letter. He looks back up at his brother, his own fear in his eyes. "Oh, Wes..." He knew they all loved their country, and Wes had made a commitment a long time ago, but now? Why now?

He hands the letter back to him. "You know you don't have to worry about your family here. Whether it's me or anybody else... Cindy and Kaylee couldn't be in a safer spot, you have my word."

He studies Wes' face, seeing the inner battle. "When are you gonna tell Cindy? Or better yet, when do you... have to leave?"

No comments: