11/6/09

Regret

Giving a small nod Ryan laugh a little dry and sadden laugh. They did always do things the hardway that lead to some heartache in the path.

Continuing the card game Ryan would rather get off the topic of Leo but seeing her brother was continuing she just plays her card staying silent for a moment.

"Yeah he is a good guy with a good heart."

Looking up at Eli as he mentions Leo continuing to be down stairs Ryan cant but raise one of her eyebrows. That was strange Leo was still hanging around but for what reason?

"Last time I new he didnt. I guess that could of changed though but...thats odd. Maybe he found a cute nurse or something."

Taking the letter back and putting it back in his pocket Wes lets out a long sigh. He new it was his responsablilty to go but oh so bad he didnt want to and leave his wife and child alone. Kaylee was just learning new things and growing so fast, and just being away from Cindy at the shop was a killer to Wes. Thinking about missing those times even more cut his heart.

"I leave the second week of next month. I really never thought I would ever have a regret about being in the military but...when I got this letter I did. This is going to kill Cindy, and I hating to tell her even though I know I have to."

Looking up at his brother again Wes eyes had a glossy glaze to them though he wouldnt allow any tears to fall. He had to be strong, for his wife, for his daughter for his family, but his own war still raged.

"I'll be telling her tonight. I want to be able to spend as much time with the people I love as I can."

No comments: