11/6/09

Research

Sparky nods, quiet for a moment. He couldn't imagine what Wes must feel. He knew his brother loved his country, but now that he had a family... it was much different.

"I'm sorry. We'll be here for you... whatever you need." He gives Wes' arm a pat. "You can go check on Rosetta... when you tell Cindy, make sure she knows whatever she needs... it's here."


Eli smirks a little. "Yeah, well, he won't find one as cute as you. I think he wound up with the short end of the stick on this one." He tosses Ryan a wink. "Brother's privilege to brag about his sister."

Pausing, he concentrates on the game for a few minutes. "So... we never really talked about this guy who got you into this hospital in the first place. He's another racer, right?"


Axel wanders down the hallway, feeling a little lost. He'd been in here a time or two, but hadn't been paying very good attention. A woman ends up pointing him in the right direction and he finally finds his way to the infirmary. Looking in, he sees Misty at her desk. He recognized her - they had met a few times and they saw each other at church, but they hadn't interacted very much. He was friends with Carson, but Misty seemed just an acquaintance.

He clears his throat and knocks, wandering in a few steps. "Misty?" He offers a small smile. "Um... sorry to bother you, um... I... talked to Carson a while ago. My girlfriend wanted me to come, um..."

Axel feels a little retarded, not sure how to ask what he wants. He gestures to his lame hand. "I've got some major nerve damage and I've lost the use of my hand. Carson said that you'd been doing some research and... well, I don't know... I guess maybe I'm just looking for some help and I got desperate."

No comments: