9/7/09

I just wanted

Seeing the new things, Gage's eyebrows lift just a little. Then hearing Sapphire, he cocks his head, studying her. His eyes move about her face, landing on her gaze for several seconds. He felt terrible. He wanted to just curl up back under the covers and pretend that morning had never come. But... he found it hard to resist Sapphire.

He reaches out to investigate her gifts and finally looks back up at her. "Thank you." Thinking another few moments, his eyes still seem so lifeless, but he nods. "Okay. I'll... I'll each lunch with you."


Jeff hugs Rosetta tight, almost unwilling to let her go again. Receiving her questions, he forces his smile to remain as his hands slide down her arms to find her fingers. He gives her palms a little squeeze. "Yeah... yeah, I'm back for good."

Lookign down a moment, he glances back up at her eyes. He couldn't lie to her. "It's um... Rick's not sure but... it's aggressive and..." He stops, his voice almost cracking, but he manages to stay strong. "I... I don't know how long I've got, Rosetta. I just... wanted to be home."

No comments: