9/5/09

Babysitter

Seeing the note, Jason's shoulders noticeably drop. He doesn't seem to even hear Nate telling him to do a good job on stage.

"She just can't quit worrying about me, can she?" He shakes his head a little, his tone more tired than upset. "Does she think I can't take care of myself? Does she think I need a babysitter when she's gone?" Wasn't he supposed to be the protector?

Looking down, he sets his hands on his hips. "Thanks Nate, just... keep it in the background, alright? And don't tell Rick I didn't use my crutches all night. I don't need him breathing down my neck too."

Sighing, he turns and heads for the stage, favoring his injured leg.


"I don't know what to do for him anymore." Con had shown up, only now coming around the corner, speaking to Nate. "Reese has got it in for him, he's got it in for himself... and him and Katie... I just don't know."

No comments: